Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cat's Claw Allergy? if Cipro allergy

Really getting a burst of herxing now that I ate some eggs. Maybe the food is causing my body to absorb the herbs I took a few hours ago.

You know, I'm wondering about this. I might be mildly allergic to fluoroquinolones, since last time I took Cipro I got hives.

I sure feel like I am having a histamine reaction to this cat's claw. No hives, but the same hot, tingly skin feeling I get if I take niacin.

Cat's claw has enough in common with fluoroquinolones to give some people (including me) tendon pain. Maybe it's not a good herb for me.

I have not found that I can take it, even the Nutramedix Samento, for more than a month or so at a time, since then I start to develop tenderness in my Achilles tendon.

- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guide to getting what you want from this blog

If you are a healthy person, you might like posts on: meaning of life, spirituality, nonduality, how health affects personality, weird ideas, criticism of medicine, ideas for better healthcare, feminism, thought experiments, personal growth.

If you have Lyme or invisible illness, you might like: explaining Lyme, Lyme disease, Lyme and family, explaining Lyme, illness and esteem, Lyme rage, emotional fatigue, illness and identity, discrimination against sick people, illness and young people.

If you are going through recovery from illness, read recovery after illness.

I love hearing from readers. You can reach me at the gmaill address freeideasblog1.

Like this blog? Like Free Ideas on facebook!
or subscribe to my youtube channel.
- - -